Tuesday 23 October 2012

It's ASPARAGUS!


I thought it was a weed - but NO! On closer inspection it is;

THE  MOST  SMALLEST  ASPARAGUS  EVER! 

But it IS ASPARAGUS!!!!! I'm so thrilled!

There is one sprout on each crown I planted except one! There is also one that has turned into a 'fern' already which you can 'just' see in the photo below! They are so thin & small I have no temptation to pick them! It would be like eating a toothpick! haha. Such a relief as I was worried that they wouldn't come to anything! :)

BRING  ON  THREE  MORE  YEARS!!! :) 


2 comments:

  1. You do not pick any the first year, only half the second year and after that you should get a good crop. At work (2nd year) we had 3 stalks, I found it hard to cut half of them LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its not exactly the fastest producer! Great for working on patience & perseverance though! haha :)

      Delete